Maybe you’ve heard the term “people analytics” or “HR analytics” and wondered, “what’s THAT all about?” Basically, people analytics is about creating practical, actionable insights about your workforce by applying advanced mathematical modeling and statistical analyses. You replace inaction and guesswork with fact-based initiatives. That’s a tremendous opportunity to become more predictive, proactive, and work smarter!
Here are a few of the questions that can be answered with predictive people analytics:
- What characteristics tend to predict those employees who will be long-timers vs. short-timers? Are we selecting for the right characteristics?
- What are the important factors that influence our employees’ job performance? In addition, are we succeeding in those factors, or are there opportunities for positive growth?
- Is this group of employees over here significantly outperforming (e.g., sales, productivity, customer surveys, etc.) that group of employees over there? If yes, why is that?
- If we see an ambiguous trend of fewer women or minorities represented at the higher levels of the organization, is this a real trend (i.e., statistically significant), or could it be simply due to chance?
- What factors tend to predict who gets promoted? If gender or race emerges as a significant factor in this model, the sooner you know this, the sooner you can take corrective action.
- What conditions predict turnover? Does the level of these conditions vary based on manager?
As you can see, there are a wealth of insights that could shine a light on what are current strengths to build upon, as well as weaknesses that are weighing like an anchor on your revenues. Further, insights based on hard quantitative evidence are exponentially more convincing to top leadership than the old “just trust me on this.” Analytics are certainly complex, but I will translate the results into easy-to-understand tables and compelling graphics that reveal the true story of what’s going on. This is the key to boosting profits and productivity, while embracing diversity and inclusiveness.
Bottom line: it’s time to get serious about predictive people analytics, and I have the experience and expertise to get you the answers you need to work smarter and be more impactful. All work can be done safely in a virtual environment. Contact me today and we can make 2021 not just a rebound year, but the best year yet!